Welcome to the Daily Weather Update from FOX Weather. It’s Monday, May 8, 2023. Start your day the right way with everything you need to know about today's weather. You can also get a quick briefing of national, regional and local weather whenever you like with the FOX Weather Update podcast.
Severe weather expected to start the workweek
The threat of severe weather shifts to the mid-Mississippi and Ohio valleys to start the workweek.
A separate area of severe storms is also possible across the southern Plains, including portions of Texas.
Things to know
- May is peak month for tornadoes in the US
- What is the difference between a Tornado Watch and Tornado Warning?
- 7 things to know about hail
Taste of summer for 40 states
As we say goodbye to the "Omega block," a different weather pattern will bring the chance for summerlike warmth and storms this week.
The FOX Forecast Center said 40 states could see daily showers and thunderstorms that will typically form during the peak heating of the day and diminish after sunset throughout the week.
Before you go, here are a couple of stories we think you might enjoy.
- Rescuers find missing climber clinging to California glacier in '12-hour mega rescue'
- NASA developing a snake-like robot to slither over one of Saturn’s 83 moons
- Drone video shows damage from tornado-warned storm in Trenton, Missouri
Need more weather? Check your local forecast plus 3D radar in the FOX Weather app. You can also watch FOX Weather wherever you go using the FOX Weather app at foxweather.com/live or on your favorite streaming service.
You can share your weather pictures and videos with us anytime, anywhere, in our America's Weather Watchers community on Facebook, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or add the hashtag #FOXWeather to your post on your favorite social media platform.