Welcome to the Daily Weather Update from FOX Weather. It’s Tuesday, April 25, 2023. Start your day the right way with everything you need to know about today's weather. You can also get a quick briefing of national, regional and local weather whenever you like with the FOX Weather Update podcast.
Severe weather returns to the South
A potent storm system will bring severe weather chances back to the South Tuesday, with parts of central and west-central Texas in the bull's-eye. Damaging winds and large hail will be the primary concerns, but an isolated tornado can't be ruled out.
Things to know
- Watch vs. Warning: What’s the difference?
- April kicks off America’s most active time of year for tornadoes
- Odd objects used to measure hailstones
More than a foot of snow could fall in Colorado
Coloradans are bracing for a storm that could bring a foot of snow to the mountains and foothills and provide some much-needed rain to the state.
April cooldown spreads to much of the central, eastern US
More than 200 million Americans will feel below-average temperatures Tuesday.
Long-range outlooks suggest this pattern of cooler-than-average temperatures will likely persist through the end of April and linger into the beginning of May.
- Watch: Moose wanders inside movie theater looking for snacks
- Dazzling Northern Lights display awes sky watchers in more than 2 dozen states as far south as Arizona
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park offers unique experiences making it America's most visited national park
Need more weather? Check your local forecast plus 3D radar in the FOX Weather app. You can also watch FOX Weather wherever you go using the FOX Weather app at foxweather.com/live or on your favorite streaming service.
You can share your weather pictures and videos with us anytime, anywhere, in our America's Weather Watchers community on Facebook, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or add the hashtag #FOXWeather to your post on your favorite social media platform.