Thursday Night Football is on FOX, and it features two West Coast teams that are sure to make it a fun one to watch.
The Seattle Seahawks (2-2) play host to the Los Angeles Rams (3-1) with kickoff at Lumen Field set for 5:20 p.m. Pacific.
In Seattle, the weather looks good for the game. There will be some clouds around and a light wind out of the northwest. Temperatures should be in mid-50s at kickoff and head toward the 40s by the time the game ends.
In Los Angeles, the game-time forecast may not be ideal for grilling outside. Scattered showers are possible Thursday night with a light southeast wind. Temperatures will be in the 60s at kickoff and falling into the upper 50s.
Check out this recipe
FOX 35 Orlando kicked off the Thursday Night Football fun with a great Seattle/LA-themed recipe from Dr. BBQ – grilled salmon tacos with charred pineapple salsa. Give it a try at your football party.
Makes 8 tacos
- Two ¾" slabs fresh pineapple
- ½ medium yellow onion, cut into small dice
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper
12 ounces salmon filets cut into 2-3 pieces
8 corn tortillas
- Prepare the grill to cook direct over medium high heat.
- Grill the pineapple slices, flipping often until they are charred on both sides. In a medium bowl combine the onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. When the pineapple has cooled, remove the rind, and cut the flesh into medium dice. Add to the salsa and mix well. Set aside.
- Brush the salmon lightly with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Grill, flipping often until golden brown and cooked just until the white fat is coming to the surface, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the salmon to a plate and set aside. Stir the salsa and taste it. Add salt and pepper if desired. Quickly warm the tortillas on the grill flipping them often just until warm. Break up the salmon into flakes and divide among the tortillas. Top each with a spoonful of the salsa and serve immediately.