FOX Weather released an updated version of its record-breaking mobile app Monday, just in time for the start of climatological spring. Here is what you can expect to find:
1. FOX Weather app users on both iOS & Android will notice a complete redesign of the app’s home screen. Weather data and relevant information is now front and center to help users plan their days and stay prepared for major weather events. No more tapping through cards required!
2. Toggling between ‘Hourly,’ ‘14-day,’ and ‘Historical’ (iOS only) data between multiple locations is now available on the home screen. We also added a sliding navigation bar at the top of the home screen, letting you check your destinations with the swipe of a finger.
3. Searching and adding locations has become significantly easier thanks to the new search button at the top of the home screen.
4. Are you planning an epic summer vacation? If the weather is a consideration, the FOX Weather app can help you decide. The new locations feature allows you to preview a location before permanently adding it to your list. Just type in the destination name or zip code in the search function in the navigation bar.
5. Our designers made the weather icons larger and easier to read. They also added new graphics for the forecasts to provide more variety across your saved locations that might have similar weather conditions. Can you spot them?
The FOX Weather app still has awesome features like the 3D Radar for iOS and iPad. (We’re working on making it available on Android.) You can watch coverage anytime on our free 24/7 live stream. And don’t forget to check out the FutureView planning tab to plan for those special events in your life.