MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. – Six tornadoes have been confirmed so far in New Jersey and Pennsylvania after Wednesday’s severe weather.
Officials at the National Weather Service office in Mount Holly, New Jersey, said Thursday that teams are still conducting storm surveys in Chester, Montgomery and Bucks counties in Pennsylvania, and Salem, Gloucester, Burlington, Mercer and Somerset counties in New Jersey.
Officials released the following preliminary information about the six twisters that were confirmed as of Thursday afternoon:
- Mullica Hill, New Jersey area (Gloucester County): Confirmed tornado.
- Fort Washington/Upper Dublin Township to Horsham Township in Pennsylvania (Montgomery County): Confirmed EF-2 with estimated peak winds up to 130 mph.
- Edgewater Park, New Jersey (Burlington County) to Bristol, Pennsylvania (Bucks County): Confirmed EF-1 with estimated peak winds up to 90 mph.
- Oxford, Pennsylvania (Chester County): Confirmed tornado.
- Buckingham Township, Pennsylvania (Bucks County): Confirmed EF-1 with estimated peak winds up to 100 mph.
- Princeton, New Jersey (Mercer County): Confirmed EF-0 with estimated peak winds up to 75 mph.