As Florida residents try to get back on their feet after Hurricane Ian swept through their state, they might be able to have a bit of normalcy as many airports, roadways, schools, national parks and theme parks begin to reopen.
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) – Open.
- Melbourne Orlando International Airport (MLB) – Open.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) – Open.
- Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) – Opened Wednesday, Oct. 5 for limited commercial flight operations. More info here.
- Tampa International Airport (TPA) – Open.
- Tallahassee International Airport (TLH) – Open.
- Image 1 of 2
- Image 2 of 2
- I-75 – Interstate 75 from mile marker 179 to mile marker 193 is open.
- I-75 – Interstate 75 over the Myakka River in Sarasota County is open.
- US-17 – US route 17 from Arcadia to Wauchula is now open for motorists.
- To Pine Island – Temporary access roadway to Pine Island is open.
- To Sanibel Island – Temporary bridge to open by the end of October.
- Charlotte County Schools - Hoping to welcome students back in school by Oct. 24.
- Collier County Schools - Open.
- DeSoto County Schools - Closed until further notice.
- Hardee County Schools - Closed through Friday, Oct. 7.
- Lee County Schools - Reopen on Monday, Oct. 10.
- Sarasota County Schools - Closed through Friday, Oct. 7. Partial reopening Monday, Oct. 10. More info can be found here.
- Volusia County Schools - Open.
- Big Cypress National Preserve – Closed.
- Biscayne National Park – Open.
- Dry Tortugas National Park – Partially reopened. Ferry and private vessels will not be able to access the docks until significant repairs are made, according to the National Park Service. More info here.
- Everglades National Park – Open, except for Gulf Coast Visitor Center and Everglades City entrance, Flamingo campground, Long Pine Key campgrounds (closed seasonally) and Wilderness camping.
- LEGOLAND – LEGOLAND Theme Park and Peppa Pig Theme Park are open. LEGOLAND Water Park is temporarily closed and will reopen on Saturday, Oct. 8. LEGOLAND Beach Retreat will remain temporarily closed.
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment – Open with adjusted hours. More info here.
- Universal Orlando Resort – Open.
- Walt Disney World Resort – Open.